My name is Dr. Priyanka J. Vora and I am a Board-Certified Women's/Pelvic Health Physical Therapist. I am passionate about treating the pre-natal & postpartum population and educating about preventative care. In this informal class, we will discuss topics relating to pelvic health and exercise during the pregnancy/postpartum journey.
This class is open to anyone - no matter if you're just family planning, newly pregnant, or even a few years postpartum!
Class length: 1 hour
1. Discuss the anatomy of the pelvic floor and what happens to the body during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum
2. Learn about common concerns such as incontinence (urinary leakage), diastasis recti (abdominal separation), exercise precautions, and ergonomics for back/hip/pelvic girdle pain
3. Learn a few physical therapy exercises for pelvic health and pregnancy/postpartum wellness
4. Discuss how to decide if/when you should see a pelvic health PT
4. Answer any of your burning questions!
This will be casual but informative! If you enjoy the class and want a more personalized discussion, we can set follow-up private sessions as well.
Thank you - and hope to see you in class!